Dr. Kososki understands that early detection of cancer is a key component to treatment and recovery, which is why he incorporates oral cancer screenings into each appointment.
OralID – The latest technology in the fight against oral cancer
OralID is manufactured by Forward Science, a company that was founded with the vision to create a simpler, efficient and more affordable oral screening device that can save more lives.
OralID uses the same proven fluorescence technology as other oral exam devices, but costs up to fifty percent less than its closest competitor (and only one-third of another competitor). However, unlike any other device on the market, OralID has no per-patient cost during use.
Here are some statistics to consider:
- Oral cancer kills one American every hour.1
- Approximately 42,000 people in the United States will be newly diagnosed with oral cancer in 2013.1
- In 2013, among the 42,000 diagnosed with oral cancer in the United States, 18,000 will not be alive in five years.2
- Oral cancer’s incidence rate has increased the last five years in a row.1
- In 2007, oral cancer’s incidence increased by 11 percent.1
- The mortality rate for oral cancer has not changed significantly in three decades1
- Oral cancer’s high mortality rate is due to late-stage discovery (Stage III and IV).1
- The mortality rate for oral cancer is higher than the rates for cervical cancer, Hodgkin’s lymphoma, laryngeal cancer, testicular cancer, thyroid cancer and skin cancer.1
1Oral Cancer Foundation
2National Cancer Institute/SEER
Schedule your appointment today.
Next, read about Bruxism Appliances, Snoring / Sleep Apnea, Dental Exams, Deep Cleanings, Bad Breath Treatment, Grinding Teeth, TMJ, Digital X-Rays, Cavity Detection, Intra Oral Photos, Preventive Dentistry